Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of any grease, glue or other contaminants prior to staining. For new wood, wood must be smooth and clean. For previously finished wood, sand surface lightly to help adhesion. Remove dust with water-dampened cloth. To ensure beautiful, uniform color, pretreat wood with Vermont Natural Coatings Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. Not recommended for use on floors.
1) Stir well prior to use.
2) Always test the finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm desired appearance.
3) Using a brush, pad or clean cloth, apply thin, even coats in the direction of the grain, taking care to avoid puddling. Overlap strokes, always maintaining a wet edge. If desired, wipe off excess material within five minutes.
4) Finish will be dry and ready to recoat in two hours.
5) If a deeper tone is desired, apply additional coats. Temperature and humidity may alter dry time. For optimum protection and beauty, topcoat with Vermont Natural Coatings PolyWhey Furniture Finish or PolyWhey Heirloom Fine Finish.
6) One quart will cover approximately 125-150 sq/ft.