Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of any grease, glue or other contaminants prior to staining. For previously stained wood, sand surface lightly to help adhesion. If coating unfinished softwood, we recommend using Suncare 900 as a pre-treatment. For all other unfinished woods, pre-treat with Hydro-Oil Primer.
Apply when no rain is expected for 24 hours. For pressure treated wood allow 3-6 months before application. Not suitable for subterranean or submerged wood.
1) Stir well prior to use.
2) Always test the finish on a sample piece of wood to conrm the desired appearance.
3) Apply with brush, paint pad, roller or spray.
4) Two coats are recommended on all sides of wood.
5) Apply evenly with the grain and always maintain a wet edge. If rolling, follow with brush or paint pad.
6) For best results apply in temperatures between 45°-80°F and relative humidity of 40%-60%. Do not apply when rain is expected within 24 hours.
7) Product will be ready for second coat after 4-6 hours; pre-treated wood will be ready after 12- 24 hours. One gallon will cover approximately 300-400 sq. ft. depending on porosity of wood.