With every Rise order, three trees will be planted
With the help of our customers, Rise has committed to planting +40,000 trees by April 2023 to help restore areas devastated by wildfires in North America and restore the coastal mangrove population in Indonesia.Learn more about our restoration efforts!
Ultra-Bond Adhesion Promoter by The Real Milk Paint Company is mixed at 1 part of Ultra Bond to 4 parts of Real Milk Paint. Add 25% Ultra Bond to the liquid milk paint. IMPORTANT: Add Ultra Bond to mixed milk paint. For example, each Quart ( 32oz ) of milk paint would require 8 oz of Ultra Bond. More Ultra Bond can be added for difficult surfaces. Always do a test for compatibility and allow 24 hours to dry. Ultra-Bond Adhesion Promoter is a concentrated No Odor Water base Binder in water; it is non-toxic and releases no VOCs. When combined with Real Milk Paint ® it will give greater adhesion to non-porous surfaces and previously painted surfaces, such as ones painted with our non-toxic paint.
Promotes Adhesion of Real Milk Paint® To:
- Glass, metal, and some plastic surfaces, including melamine
- Previously painted sound surfaces
- Lacquered, shellacked, varnished surfaces
- Oil-based polyurethane, water-based polyurethane
- Color: white, dries clear
- Consistency: viscosity of skim milk, thickens when added to milk paint
- Solubility: water-miscible
- Odor: sweet smell, no odor when dry
- Dry time: approx. 1 hour
- Stability: stable
- Shelf life: 1 year
- Toxicity: non-toxic
- The surface should be clean of any wax, grease or silicone residue. Clean with TSP or another non-residue cleaner.
- Scuff/sand the surface to promote mechanical adhesion.
- Mix 1 part Ultra-Bond to 4 parts liquid Real Milk Paint ®. Apply this as the first coat.
- Paint remaining coats with unadulterated (pure) Real Milk Paint ®.
- Always do a test and allow 24 hours to dry before full application.
Great customer service
The item itself didn’t work for us but I will give a shout out to Rise because it was the ONLY place we could find this product in stock and when we needed to return it, they were quick and helpful to answer questions and made the process so easy.
Works As Described
The product was easy to use. Rise customer service was impressive! I wanted to use Milk Paint on some water damaged walls in a log cabin. I began by using Bullseye Zinsser 123 primer as a base. I was advised that Milk Paint wouldn’t adhere to the Zinsser without being mixed with the Ultra Bond. Ultra Bond was out of stock at The Real Milk Paint Company and their team couldn’t tell me when it would be available to order. A Rise representative was able to tell me when the product would be shipped to me and it arrived when they said it would. The walls look great!
Peace of mind for when you're ready to buy
Rise works for you, the homeowner and home professional - by researching the true benefits of home improvement products and materials. You can feel confident that the products you purchase on Rise come from manufacturers that have been vetted to ensure they benefit your health, wealth, and planet.Learn more about our third-party reviewed criteria here